Guest: Chef Lance Roll
Today’s podcast episode is a real game changer if you’re interested in having stronger bones, healthier joints, better digestion, and more youthful hair, nails, and skin.
I mean, who wouldn’t want any of that?
And that’s why I decided to bring back another classic, retro episode with our buddy Chef Lance Roll to fill you in on how bone broth can literally turn back the clock on not only how you feel, but how you look.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
* Chef Lance’s step-by-step guide and best practices to make your own bone broth at home.
* The Bone Broth Detox: How to use broth to give your digestive system, liver and kidneys a much-needed break.
* Which bones are best … and where to find them!
* Is it botox or bone broth? How broth-derived collagen makes your skin look amazing.
* The chef’s top Crock Pottin’ Bone Brothin’ tips for the slow cooker in you.
Click the PLAY button above to listen to the entire episode.
I’ve always wanted to do this!
After reading so much about the health benefits of bone broth (a.k.a stock) from books like Deep Nutrition and Nourishing Traditions, I figured it was about time to make it myself.
But I didn’t want to just wing it.
So, I got called on the experts to help me put it all together. Luke and Dr. Cate Shanahan, co-authors of Deep Nutrition: Why Your Genes Need Traditional Foods, joined me yesterday via Skype to coach me through the process.
I know, you can barely see their faces in the video. My bad! The Ustream link below has a better angle.
If you’re following along from home, here’s what you’ll need:
The Main Ingredients
* 2 chicken carcasses – I had Allyson the Assistant pick up a couple of organic rotisserie chickens from Whole Foods
* clean water – of course!
* some cheap white wine – we got the cheapest
* a big ass pot
* 4-5 medium carrots – peel ’em and cut ’em into 3-4 pieces each
* 3 stalks of celery – also cut into 3-4 pieces
* 2 onions – chop ’em (careful, they’ll make you cry)
* bay leaves
* pepper corns
* seal salt
It’s was simpler than I thought it would be. Here’s how it goes down.