Did you know that weight gain can be due to a faulty immune system?
Functional Nutritionist Andrea Nakayama of Holistic Nutrition Lab visits Underground Wellness Radio to show you how the health of your gut is connected to everything from allergies to brain fog to autoimmunity to fatigue and more.
Dr. Steven Masley visits the show to discuss his new book, The 30-Day Heart Tune-Up: A Breakthrough Medical Plan to Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease.
* Crucial tests for heart disease that your doctor isn’t running.
* Why not all HDL is good for you.
* How being overweight does not always mean “at-risk”.
* Why “payment” is an essential part of the cure.
Hannah Crum — aka The Kombucha Mamma — stops by to discuss the many health benefits of kombucha as well as the controversies surrounding it.
* Is kombucha just another passing fad?
* Why commercial kombucha is so darn expensive.
* The REAL reason kombucha was taken off the shelves a few years ago.
* How to make it at home for cheap — and safely.
* The scoop on the alcohol and sugar content.
* How to become a “master brewer.”
Heidi Hanna, author of the new book Stressaholic, stops by discuss how to transform your relationship with stress in just 5 steps.
In this episode you learn:
* How your response to and dependence upon stress is the real problem.
* The first step to changing how you think.
* Why you can’t stop checking your email, phone, and social media accounts.
* The 4 BEATs to more effectively managing stress.
Vani Hari — a.k.a. The Food Babe — discusses her independent investigations into our food supply and what she’s uncovered. Topics include:
* Can foods labeled “100% natural” contain GMOs?
* Why Kraft Food refused to remove petroleum-derived dyes from their Mac and Cheese.
* How Vani and her readers inspired change in the Chik-Fil-A menu.
* The baby carrot controversy.
Denise Minger makes her debut appearance on Underground Wellness Radio to discuss her book Death By Food Pyramid, an expose on how shoddy science, sketchy politics and shady special interests have shaped American dietary recommendations and destroyed our nation’s health-over recent decades.
* What politicians like Bob Dole have to do with our dietary guidelines
* How to translate “science-ese”
* A little-told fact (or oversight) about the Mediterranean diet
* Why the low-fat dogma continues to persist despite evidence to the contrary
Jonathan Bailor, author of The Calorie Myth, returns to Underground Wellness Radio to reveal why eating MORE and exercising LESS is the key to healthy and long-term fat loss.
* How eating less and exercising more actually slows the metabolism
* Just how little fat (and how much muscle) you lose when “dieting”
* How to “unclog” your hormonal system for effortless fat loss
* Why just 20 minutes a week of exercise is all you need. (Even I’m skeptical…)