Every time I’m forced to visit a Thai restaurant I end up staring at the menu for fifteen minutes hoping that something somewhat appetizing will magically appear.
So I just grin and bear it, wishing we met up at the Japanese spot.
A couple of weeks ago I found myself in a similar predicament — filming an impromptu cooking video in Dr. Sara’s kitchen. But this time I was more concerned about spitting out my heaping spoonful of Thai Coconut Soup during the “taste test” scene.
Click the video below to find out how our Thai Coconut Soup turned out!
And don’t miss Dr. Sara on Underground Wellness Radio LIVE tonight at 5pm PT/8pm ET.
If you missed her two previous appearances on the show, they were the most downloaded episodes of 2013. She’s a riot!
I know, you can barely see their faces in the video. My bad! The Ustream link below has a better angle.
If you’re following along from home, here’s what you’ll need:
The Main Ingredients
* 2 chicken carcasses – I had Allyson the Assistant pick up a couple of organic rotisserie chickens from Whole Foods
* clean water – of course!
* some cheap white wine – we got the cheapest
* a big ass pot
* 4-5 medium carrots – peel ’em and cut ’em into 3-4 pieces each
* 3 stalks of celery – also cut into 3-4 pieces
* 2 onions – chop ’em (careful, they’ll make you cry)
* bay leaves
* pepper corns
* seal salt
It’s was simpler than I thought it would be. Here’s how it goes down.