Dr. Datis Kharrazian — author of the amazing book Why Isn’t My Brain Working? — returns to the show to chat about all things brain health.
* how to resolve brain fog and poor memory naturally
* how a brain on fire causes digestive problems
* how blood sugar problems kill your brain cells
* critical nutrients and supplements to boost your brain power
* how to cool down a gluten flareup
John Durant makes his first appearance on Underground Wellness Radio to discuss his amazing, new book The Paleo Manifesto.
* What humans can learn from animals in captivity
* Was Moses a microbiologist?
* How vegetarianism hurts the food system
* Why you should “bribe the butcher”
* Is paleo sustainable?
* Why the concept of food miles is deeply flawed
Functional Medicine practitioner Dr. Daniel Kalish returns to Underground Wellness Radio to discuss the link between female hormones and digestive problems.
* The most common reasons female hormones get out of whack.
* What a woman can do to relieve her hormonal/digestive symptoms.
* How the adrenals act as a link between hormones and digestion.
* How diet impacts the digestive and hormonal systems.
Topics include how low-fat diets CAUSE heart disease, why triglycerides are a much more important marker than cholesterol, what your thyroid and immune system could have to do with elevated cholesterol levels, and a lot more!
You are what you eat and you are what you are exposed to. The words “Detox” and “Cleanse” are becoming buzz words in the health industry.
Doing a detox is like hitting the reset button on your health, but ONLY if you have full understanding of why you need to detoxify your body and how to do it safely.
In this week’s podcast, Dr. Andrea Maxim, Naturopathic Doctor and author of the upcoming novel “MAXIMized Health: The New, Intelligent System for Optimal Digestion and Hormones” discusses the exposures we need to be aware of, the signs and symptoms of toxicity, and how to detox your body properly.
Remember, your body does not fit into a box, so neither should your detox.
To learn more about Dr. Andrea Maxim, Naturopathic Doctor and author please visit her website at www.drandreamaximnd.com.
Yeah, I know it’s a personal question. But truth be told, what you see in the toilet can tell you a lot about your health in general.
In fact, in my experience as a health coach, a faulty digestive system is often at the root of common health challenges including brain fog, skin problems, low libido, food sensitivities, autoimmunity, and more.
A lot more.
Unfortunately, poop is one of those topics that very few of us care to talk about. Even worse, most doctors don’t know how to diagnose and treat digestive disorders.
What to do?
Listen to this episode of Underground Wellness Radio with my special guests — and poop nerds — Jordan Reasoner and Steve Wright of SCD Lifestyle.
Jordan and Steve share with you The 3 Body Systems Responsible for Perfect Poops.
Topics include hormone balancing, detoxification, the GI tract, and the best tests for uncovering digestive challenges.
You’re as healthy as the soil from which your food grows!
Judith D. Schwartz — journalist and author of Cows Save the Planet…and Other Improbable Ways of Restoring Soil to Heal the Earth — visits the show to discuss how we can take back the soil (and our health) by unmaking deserts, rethinking climate change, bringing back biodiversity, and restoring nutrients to our foods.
* Why the soil, fungi, and cows are missing links in the climate change debate.
* Why cows are NOT responsible for global warming.
* The truth about rising sea levels. It’s not just the melting icecaps…