Vani Hari — a.k.a. The Food Babe — discusses her independent investigations into our food supply and what she’s uncovered. Topics include:
* Can foods labeled “100% natural” contain GMOs?
* Why Kraft Food refused to remove petroleum-derived dyes from their Mac and Cheese.
* How Vani and her readers inspired change in the Chik-Fil-A menu.
* The baby carrot controversy.
Denise Minger makes her debut appearance on Underground Wellness Radio to discuss her book Death By Food Pyramid, an expose on how shoddy science, sketchy politics and shady special interests have shaped American dietary recommendations and destroyed our nation’s health-over recent decades.
* What politicians like Bob Dole have to do with our dietary guidelines
* How to translate “science-ese”
* A little-told fact (or oversight) about the Mediterranean diet
* Why the low-fat dogma continues to persist despite evidence to the contrary
Jonathan Bailor, author of The Calorie Myth, returns to Underground Wellness Radio to reveal why eating MORE and exercising LESS is the key to healthy and long-term fat loss.
* How eating less and exercising more actually slows the metabolism
* Just how little fat (and how much muscle) you lose when “dieting”
* How to “unclog” your hormonal system for effortless fat loss
* Why just 20 minutes a week of exercise is all you need. (Even I’m skeptical…)
Author, athlete, and podcaster Ben Greenfield makes his first appearance on Underground Wellness Radio to discuss his upcoming book Beyond Training: Mastering Health, Endurance, and Life.
* How many athletes and exercise enthusiasts are slowly killing themselves
* Top ways to know if you’re truly recovered, and how to know if you’re overtrained
* Essential elements of fitness that most athletes neglect
* The best ways to enhance sleep and reduce jet lag if you’re a traveling athlete
* How to to enhance your mental game and get into “The Zone”