Guest: Dr. Vera Tarman
Vera Tarman, MD stops by UW Radio to discuss the real science and neurochemistry at the core of food addiction. Learn all about how it is not the substances that the brain becomes addicted to but rather the neurochemicals that are released when consuming them.
* The 3-part brain model of addiction
* How food can be just as addictive as alcohol
* Exactly which foods are most addictive and WHY
* How dieting can lead to substance abuse
* How to naturally boost feel-good chemicals in the brain
* The most effective treatments for food addiction
Visit Dr. Tarman’s website at www.addictionsunplugged.com.