Paleo Summit News: Day Two – Leptin Reset, The Paleo Fam, and MovNat!February 27th, 2012 | 1 Comments
by Sean Croxton
I took it easy on you guys yesterday.
Mark and Diane’s outstanding presentations gave you some practical Paleo information that you can immediately put to use in your daily life.
I think it’s time to turn up the nerd factor a bit.
You see, I didn’t want to overwhelm you guys with a ton of science on Day One. Over the next 7 days, you’ll be getting a ton of Paleo geek-talk from presenters like Mat Lalonde, Ph.D, Paul Jaminet, Ph.D, Nora Gedgaudas, Chris Kresser, Dr. Thomas O’Bryan, and Denise Minger.
Today I suggest you break out your thinking cap, as you sit in for Dr. Jack Kruse’s Room 1 presentation entitled Leptin Circadian Cycles.
Dr. Kruse — a neurosurgeon who lost 77 pounds in 3 months — drops mad truth bombs on topics including:
* The role of inflammation in leptin resistance.
* Why obesity is not a disease but a symptom of physiological dysfunction often rooted in the gut.
* How video games contribute to childhood obesity. It’s not what you think!
* How Michael Phelps can get away with eating 18,000 calories a day.
* How the battle between our neolithic brains and our Paleolithic genes is a primary cause of obesity and disease.
Guaranteed mind-blower going on in Room 1, for sure!
Watch Dr. Kruse’s presentation HERE.
Over in Room 2, our favorite Paleo Mom, Sarah Fragoso, teaches us how to transition our families to the Paleo lifestyle. Sarah covers:
* Why it’s important to include children in living Paleo.
* Having the proper expectations for the transition.
* Whether kids should eat what their parents eat.
* How to make Paleo fun for the kids.
Sarah’s presentation is sure to have a ton of useful information for the Moms and Dads out there wondering how to make Paleo work at home.
Watch Paleo, Kids, and the Family HERE!
Last but certainly not least is MovNat founder Erwan Le Corre.
I’ll be honest. Sometimes I find myself at the gym bored out of my mind! I’m sure you know the feeling.
In his MovNat: Exploring Your True Nature presentation, Erwan covers how and why we need to get back to natural and instinctual movements to achieve optimal fitness. This talk will make you want to go outside and do pull-ups on a tree branch, or bang out some squats while hugging a boulder!
Watch Erwan’s presentation HERE!
Oh! Be on the lookout for a new Facebook-friendly comment stream some time today.
And come ready for a bit of Day 3 controversy tomorrow.
This summit is just getting started, my friends.